Scarlet Tethering

Zit je met opmerkingen en een paar vragen over Scarlet of in verband met het vroegere SurfADSL, Tiscali of dxADSL? Post ze dan hier maar.
Plaats reactie
TheRealDrSox
Starter
Starter
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 5 keer

Hi there. Excuseer AUB deze vraage in Engels.

I'm going to have to give up my Scarlet Internet via landline but I need a Belgian Internet connection for a few months. I still have Scarlet GSM abonnements (but at the moment with no data connection - i.e. voice only). Does Scarlet allow tethering ?

If they do then I'll get a mobile data plan for the GSMs and connect the GSMs to my McBooks (one each) and connect through the GSMs. Does this work on Scarlet ? I have iPhones (5 and 6S).

Cheers
conexio
Plus Member
Plus Member
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 56 keer
Bedankt: 15 keer

Yes, it's allowed. I'm tethering right now :-D
TheRealDrSox
Starter
Starter

:banana: Thanks. I'll get started.
BertG3
userbase crew
userbase crew
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 172 keer
Bedankt: 167 keer

Ok, but data from Scarlet is rather expensive. Maybe you need to look at Internet On Mobile from Mobistar or Mobile Vikings if you plan to use a lot of data. You say that you'll use mobile data instead of landline, so I guess you need to use more than 1 or 2 gigabytes.
TheRealDrSox
Starter
Starter

I guess I'm stuck with Scarlet as I don't want to have to commit to a year's abonnement for a new supplier. I don't plan to use much internet after the land line has gone as I'll be back and forth to Belgium anyway. Most of the Intenet usage will have gone as Netflix has been cancelled.
BertG3
userbase crew
userbase crew

Internet On Mobile and Mobile Vikings Are prepaid cards. You can order a sim card (Internet On Mobile) online and you can buy a prepaid card in a supermarket. No contract.
=> https://www.mobistar.be/nl/aanbod/shop/cart/add/18957/c
AndRo555
Elite Poster
Elite Poster
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 301 keer
Bedankt: 267 keer

BertG3 schreef:Ok, but data from Scarlet is rather expensive. Maybe you need to look at Internet On Mobile from Mobistar or Mobile Vikings if you plan to use a lot of data. You say that you'll use mobile data instead of landline, so I guess you need to use more than 1 or 2 gigabytes.
Or the Mobistar Fixed internet solution if it's only going to be used for laptops/desktops. More data (15GB) for 15 euros useable everywhere in belgium.

https://www.mobistar.be/nl/producten-en ... ernet-home (Note you need a modem or a 12 month contract where the modem is partly included in the monthly price)
TheRealDrSox
Starter
Starter

Thanks for the advice folks. I'll look into both.
Any comments on the data rate available from either supplier vs Scarlet ?
silencer
Elite Poster
Elite Poster
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 163 keer
Bedankt: 100 keer

AndRo555 schreef:
BertG3 schreef:Ok, but data from Scarlet is rather expensive. Maybe you need to look at Internet On Mobile from Mobistar or Mobile Vikings if you plan to use a lot of data. You say that you'll use mobile data instead of landline, so I guess you need to use more than 1 or 2 gigabytes.
Or the Mobistar Fixed internet solution if it's only going to be used for laptops/desktops. More data (15GB) for 15 euros useable everywhere in belgium.

https://www.mobistar.be/nl/producten-en ... ernet-home (Note you need a modem or a 12 month contract where the modem is partly included in the monthly price)
But you can't check your amount of used data with mobistar if you don't have a mobistar telephone number !
BertG3
userbase crew
userbase crew

At Scarlet you get 500MB for €18 and 500 min phone calls and 2000 text messages.

At Mobistar you get 4GB for €15 and you can use that to make phone calls (at 30ct/min rate). You also get 4000 text messages..
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Scarlet (SurfADSL, Tiscali, dxADSL)”