Scarlet VDSL2

Zit je met opmerkingen en een paar vragen over Scarlet of in verband met het vroegere SurfADSL, Tiscali of dxADSL? Post ze dan hier maar.
Plaats reactie
adis
Starter
Starter
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 2 keer

Hello to Everybody!

A while ago I ordered Scarlet One and after they installed it, they discover that VDSL2 is not available on my place. So, I was running on ADSL. I checked on Belgacom website 4 weeks ago the availability of VDSL on my address and found out that VDSL is available on my address.

I called Scarlet support and asked to switch me to VDSL2. They acknowledged that VDSL is now available for me and they said it takes about 14 days to switch me because they have to place an order (to Belgacom?). It's now more than 3 weeks since then and while I rebooted several times the modem in VDSL mode I didnt get VDSL connection. Scarlet support is not too customer friendly.

I'm wondering if Scarlet made the switch to VDSL but I not get it. The modem I have received from Scarlet (SAGEM) I have upgraded to a new firmware and its branded as Belgacom now (and has a different default password). Can this be an issue? Do Scarlet need to access my modem to make changes to switch to VDSL? I stopped the tr98 and tr69 services on the box.

I plan to call them again, but I wanted to know if the issue is on my side. I dont speak flemmish, sorry for speaking in English. Hope you can help me.
LaserJet
Premium Member
Premium Member
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 46 keer
Bedankt: 28 keer

Go to 192.168.1.1 in your browser, look there if your connected to VDSL ?

Or look up VDSL modem tool, and then post your values here..
adis
Starter
Starter

My point is that my modem is not connected to VDSL but ADSL (VDSL ) as I dont know if Scarlet activated VDSL. Does the switch from ADSL to VDSL require changes on my modem? Because I dont think Scarlet can access my modem anymore - as I change firmware and disable the update/access services.

Here is the information from my modem anyway:

Code: Selecteer alles

VDSL Version Firmware-VTU-R:5.5.1.2IK105012 Time Oct 1 2009, 14:04:47 
VDSL line status NOT CONNECTED 
ADSL line status SHOWTIME 
ADSL standard G992_1_A 
Upstream rate 640 Kb/s (Fast[LP1] ) 
Downstream rate 6016 Kb/s (Fast[LP1] ) 
Attenuation Near End: 33.4 (dB) 
Far End: 15.5 (dB) 
SNR margin Near End: 17 (dB) 
Far End: 23 (dB) 
HEC count 48 
Firmware 0x1214051b 
15 min ES counter 0 
CRC errors 31 
1 day ES counter 0 

Status  Configuration  
Autosensing: ON / ADSL DETECTED      
Database configuration:  ADSL     
Synchronisation mode:   AUTO   
Boot mode: ADSL
LaserJet
Premium Member
Premium Member
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 46 keer
Bedankt: 28 keer

Nop I don't think you need to do anything specific with you modem for changing ADSL=>VDSL2.

Call Scarlet to make sure ;)
Petervanakelyen
Elite Poster
Elite Poster
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 98 keer
Bedankt: 169 keer

Strange they even installed Scarlet One with ADSL. I always tought it was a VDSL2 only product. I believe you can force the modem into VDSL2 mode with the (hidden) administrator menu, but as long as the ADSL signal is active you won't get a connection.
adis
Starter
Starter

Thanks Peter. Scarlet made a mistake. The commercial guys sold a product without checking the VDSL availability at my address. But that's another story. After months it become available. I got a 3 months discount.

So, if the ADSL signal is active it means Scarlet didnt switch to VDSL2, right? Can both ADSL and VDSL2 signals be active on the line at same time?
philippe_d
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 820 keer
Bedankt: 2998 keer

No, both ADSL and VDSL cannot be active on the same line at the same time.

Belgacom will have to disconnect the ADSL signal at the "LEX" (the local exchange), and connect your line to a VDSL2 port in the nearest "ROP" (street cabinet).
You will have a short disconnect and then synchronise on VDSL2.
Depending the distance between the ROP and your premises, you will get 30/6 (50/6), 20/2, 16.5/2 or 12/1.

PS. Your current modem info reveals that:
  • - you are on ADSL (not even ADSL2+)
    - distance to the lex ca 2.4 km (33.4 dB)
    - on ADSL2+ you could have a 9mbps profile (in stead of the 6mbps you currently enjoy).
VoIP: WeePee (vaste nummers geporteerd), Sipgate.de, Sipgate.co.uk, MegaVoip (uitgaand België).
Provider: Proximus Start (60/4 mbps down/up).
Modem/Router: Fritz!Box 7590 int, OS 07.39-97058 BETA, profiel 100/35.
Telefoon centrale: Euracom 181 achter FritzBox So.
TV: Telenet CI+, Fritz!DVB-C.
adis
Starter
Starter

Thanks Philippe, it gets more clear now. I know I have only ADSL, but Belgacom says I have VDSL2 available for my address, and Scarlet confirmed 3 weeks ago. I dont understand why it takes so long to make the switch.

Do you know if I do have to restart the modem or switch boot mode to VDSL or the modem detects the new signal automatically when Scarlet switch to VDSL2 ?
philippe_d
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 820 keer
Bedankt: 2998 keer

I should all go smoothly without need for a reboot.
VoIP: WeePee (vaste nummers geporteerd), Sipgate.de, Sipgate.co.uk, MegaVoip (uitgaand België).
Provider: Proximus Start (60/4 mbps down/up).
Modem/Router: Fritz!Box 7590 int, OS 07.39-97058 BETA, profiel 100/35.
Telefoon centrale: Euracom 181 achter FritzBox So.
TV: Telenet CI+, Fritz!DVB-C.
adis
Starter
Starter

Hi!

I have finally got today the switch to VDSL. The modem connects to VDSL line (not of a great speed, but an improvement to ADSL). Now the problem is that it does not connect the ppoe. Do I need to make any settings differently?

I have the following status

eth1.10 ppp connected
eth1.20 VOIP Up
WAN PPPoE Disconnected (underlying eth1.10)

Runtime Code Version: 6OS105-60A046

VDSL version Firmware-VTU-R.5.5.1.2IK105012 Time Oct 1 2009

VDSL Line Status SHOWTIME
Downstream line rate 12040 kbps
Upstream line raqte 1048 kbps
Downstream Training Margin 14.1 dB

What can I do? I checked the status/traffic and I see there are sent/received packets on eth1. There is 0 received packets on eth1.10 PPP. Is a problem with my configuration? I rebooted the modem several times.

Thanks for your patience and support.
cptKangaroo
Elite Poster
Elite Poster
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 551 keer
Bedankt: 194 keer

Hi adis, make sure your login for the PPPoE has @SCARLET at the end (in capital letters), so it looks something like this: gg123456@SCARLET
adis
Starter
Starter

Hi cptKangaroo - yes it does have @SCARLET. I do not understand why the eth1.10 and eth1.20 do not receive packets. I believe this is the problem. WAN PPPoE relies on eth1.10. eth1.20 should connect and get the ip address regardless of the pppoe authentication, as I have sip/telephony from Scarlet. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the firmware - it worked thou on the ADSL with Scarlet on this firmware, but I have to admit that I do not know much about VDSL. Any other thoughts?
cptKangaroo
Elite Poster
Elite Poster
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 551 keer
Bedankt: 194 keer

Have you reenabled the TR98 and TR69 processes? You've explained that you have rebooted several times but haven't mentioned whether you stopped those again after the reboot. I haven't tried it myself, but I assume you flashed the 6OS105-60A046 firmware because someone on here once said it was functional for Scarlet?

When you go to the Network Interfaces section and press the Status button, and then go to the System Log tab, you may see the reason for the authentication error or connection failure in the log. Given the nature of your situation, you may need additional help from the Scarlet helpdesk, though.

Maybe this picture of my own ScarletOne configuration will allow you to verify your settings (click to enlarge):

Afbeelding
adis
Starter
Starter

I reset the modem and now it works. I had to reconfigure all my firewall, LAN and wireless settings. Thanks for your help!
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Scarlet (SurfADSL, Tiscali, dxADSL)”