Open port 554

Hebt u opmerkingen, klachten, steunbetuigingen voor Proximus (Belgacom)? Dan kan u deze hier kwijt.
Plaats reactie
daudi
Starter
Starter

Hi,

Mijn excuses voor de manier waarop ik dit. Ik ben onlangs verhuisd naar België en hebben nog niet geleerd Vlaams of Frans. Ik zal gebruik maken van Google Translate te vertalen.

Ik gebruik squeezecenter voor muziek en radio en wil om te luisteren naar de BBC-uitzendingen via het internet via de Squeezebox. Dit vereist het gebruik van een plugin die gebruik maakt van poort 554. Het wordt gebruikt om te werken prima, maar nu met mijn Belgacom router Ik heb een probleem met uitgaande verkeer op poort 554.

Code: Selecteer alles

Jan 28 23:09:13 2009   Outbound Traffic   Blocked - Packet invalid in connection   TCP XX.XX.XX.XX:35124->212.58.251.73:554 on ppp0 [repeated 8 times, last time on Jan 28 23:09:43 2009]

Deze draad hier toont meer details: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=58841

Weet iemand of er iets is wat ik kan doen om te deblokkeren deze poort?

Bedankt

ORIGINAL ENGLISH:
I apologize for the way I am writing this. I have recently moved to Belgium and have not yet learned Flemish or French. I will use google translate to translate.

I am using squeezecenter for music and radio and would like to listen to BBC broadcasts over the internet through the squeezebox. This requires the use of a plugin that uses port 554. It used to work fine, but now with my Belgacom router I have a problem with outbound traffic on port 554.

Jan 28 23:09:13 2009   Outbound Traffic   Blocked - Packet invalid in connection   TCP XX.XX.XX.XX:35124->212.58.251.73:554 on ppp0 [repeated 8 times, last time on Jan 28 23:09:43 2009]

This thread here shows more details: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=58841

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to unblock this port?

Thanks.
a3ke
Elite Poster
Elite Poster
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 170 keer
Bedankt: 62 keer
Contacteer:

de poort correct forwarden op de b-box 2

misschien dit
en anders dit maar dan met uTorrent
The eternal and true pessimist :D
Thombose2
Starter
Starter

Follow the instructions as listed in the post above, if you need further help....ask it here or pm me...
cheerz
daudi
Starter
Starter

Hi Thombose2,

I hope it is okay to continue in English. I had to leave this for a while, but now want to try it again. I have added a lan server following the instructions. Image of the settings used:
Afbeelding

I then ran mplayer using the -rtsp-port option to specify 5554 as the client port. Here's an excerpt from the mplayer man page:
−rtsp−port

Used with ’rtsp://’ URLs to force the client’s port number. This option may be useful if you are behind a router and want to forward the RTSP stream from the server to a specific client.
And here's the code I ran:

mplayer -rtsp-port 5554 -v -bandwidth 100000000 rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk:554/radio4fmcoyopa/radio_4_fm_-_friday_1415.ra
But I still get the out-going connection "Blocked - Packet invalid in connection" in my firewall log.

Have I set this up correctly?

Thanks.
reyntjensw
Pro Member
Pro Member
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 1 keer
Bedankt: 1 keer

Didn't you make a typo? In your original message you mentioned port 554 and in your screenshot you mentioned port 5554. Isn't this the error?
daudi
Starter
Starter

The port I need to connect to (i.e. the destination) is port 554. As I understand it, the lan server settings are for incoming connections (not out-going which is what is blocked). From the links I was directed to by a3ke it seems that I might need to allow incoming connections on a specified port for this to work. So, what I think I have done is specified 5554 as the incoming port that mplayer should listen on so that the outgoing connection can be made to the destination port 554. I probably should have used a different port number to listen to reduce the confusion.

However, it is entirely possible that I have misunderstood what I needed to do.
Ken
Elite Poster
Elite Poster
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 47 keer
Bedankt: 94 keer

For each RTSP connection you need to have two open UDP ports. Depending of your software you can choose the port range for those UDP ports.

So you need to open and forward TCP/UDP port RTSP 554 from your router to your computer running the server.
And also open two additional UDP ports or more per connection needed, for example 7090 & 7091.

Check your RTSP server software for this.

Internet = Proximus Business Flex Fiber 1000/100 & back-up Telenet Business Fibernet 300/30 Mbps
Fixed phone = OVH VoIP Entreprise
Mobile= Destiny Mobile Unlimited + Samsung S21
TV = FTA IPTV + Netflix
Network = 100% MikroTik powered
Car = Tesla Model 3 (Team blue)
daudi
Starter
Starter

The server that I am trying to connect to is not mine, it is the BBC in the UK. So, I am trying to connect my mplayer client on my machine behind the router to the external BBC server. Previously when living in the UK I had no problems, the out-going port was not blocked by the cable modem that I had then. But the belgacom router is blocking the outgoing connection so I can no longer connect to the BBC server.

EDIT: Perhaps I have confused things by trying to forward the incoming connections using the lan server options.
Ken
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Sorry, it's outgoing indeed.

Could you give us the rtsp:// url that you want to connect to so we can try it also?
Maybe the BBC blocked connections from other foreign countries on their servers for certain streams.
Most TV channels in USA already do this, Sky channels in UK also...

Internet = Proximus Business Flex Fiber 1000/100 & back-up Telenet Business Fibernet 300/30 Mbps
TV = FTA IPTV + Netflix
daudi
Starter
Starter

Thanks. Here's the one I've been trying:

rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk:554/radio4fmcoyopa/radio_4_fm_-_friday_1415.ra
I'm assuming that it is still active.
daudi
Starter
Starter

A little more info. I have just tried the Radio 4 live stream. The URL for this is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/realplayer/media/fmg2.ram
and it plays okay in realplayer, so the BBC is not restricting to ISPs in the UK. This ram file contains the rtsp URL which is:

rtsp://rmlive.bbc.co.uk/bbc-rbs/rmlive/ev7/live24/radio4/live/r4_dsat_g2.ra
This URL is also blocked when I try to play it using mplayer. So why don't I just use realplayer? Because I want to be able to use mplayer to play this stream because I use squeezecenter to manage my music and radio and play it through my squeezeboxes, computers, etc. As I said above this used to work fine with my previous ISP (in the UK) so I think there is something about the belgacom box that is blocking this.
meon
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: meon
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 564 keer
Bedankt: 759 keer
Contacteer:

All streams mentioned above work nicely here in VLC media player. No configuration on the router whatsoever.
I'm not using the B-Box, but the older Philips SNA 6600 (which kinda uses the same software, only with a different graphical layout). I'm connected through Belgacom ADSL.

I also tried passing those URL's through TVersity for testing those using my Popcorn Hour; alas TVersity doesn't like the Realaudio format. Maybe when installing Real Alternative or so that will work ...

But your problem really is, is publishing a RTSP-stream on your home network? I didn't even know the B-Box would block anything on the home network... All firewall-settings in the router are rules between the WAN and the LAN-side of your network, not in your LAN-network internally ...

Have you tried disabling any firewall rule and security setting in the B-Box?
daudi
Starter
Starter

Here's a screenshot of my firewall settings:
Afbeelding
As far as I can see it should allow all outgoing connections. But the log still says:

Outbound Traffic	Blocked - Packet invalid in connection
So, does this mean that all valid outbound connections are allowed, but for some reason the router thinks that the mplayer connection is invalid? I made sure there was no firewall running on the client machine.
I tried vlc but got an error saying the MRL could not be opened and that I should check the log file for details. I am unable to find the log file so I can't find any more details. It might be that I don't have the right plugins installed for vlc. BTW, I should probably mention that I am running linux, ubuntu 8.10.

And now I have managed to confuse myself further. I put the client machine in the DMZ and tried again. It still did not work and the firewall log still showed that the outbound traffic was blocked. I would have thought that putting the machine in the DMZ by-passes the firewall.

I also tried disabling the firewall on the router (i.e. using the minimum security setting shown in the image above) and still got the same message that the outbound traffic was blocked.

But I got an additional message when I turned the firewall off and then on again:

No IP for NAT - connections may fail
which sounds interesting because failing connections is what I have. I now need to figure out what that message means...
Ken
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Works fine in VLC here too. I think it's because of your firewall/av settings. Can you try to unninstall your firewall and try it again?

TV = FTA IPTV + Netflix
daudi
Starter
Starter

Hmmm, I've disabled the firewall on my machine, disabled the firewall on the router and rebooted the router. Still no luck. Are you using vlc for windows or linux? If you are using windows I'll get hold of a windows box and install vlc on that and see if it works.
daudi
Starter
Starter

I got hold of windows, installed vlc, played the streams and got errors messages in the vlc log file saying there is nothing to play, got the same outbound packet blocked messages in my router firewall log ... but the stream played! So, that leaves the problem somewhere in my linux box. Thanks to all for your help in helping to pin it down this far. My problems are now off-topic for this forum, but if I do get it sorted out I'll report back to complete this thread.

Thanks again.
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Proximus (Belgacom, Skynet)”