REQ: 716 firmware advice

Plaats reactie
undercover_dancer
Starter
Starter

Hi all
I hope I can ask a question in English.

I have serious problem with my 716's VOIP - disconnection - constant reset etc. I think it's because I don't use the "official" Tele2 firmware.

What shell I do? shell I install a tele2 firmware that allows me to lateron install on top of it a newer, unlocked firmware?

In any case - if that's not the answer can someone please post an backup INI file (obviously removing the user/password and replacing them with xxxxxxxxx or similar)

Today I got a call from TELE2 and they want to come over and "fix" my router - but if they will do so I will loose my ability to control it as I want :-(

Thanks in advance!
deepBlue

undercover_dancer schreef:Hi all
I hope I can ask a question in English.

I have serious problem with my 716's VOIP - disconnection - constant reset etc. I think it's because I don't use the "official" Tele2 firmware.

What shell I do? shell I install a tele2 firmware that allows me to lateron install on top of it a newer, unlocked firmware?

In any case - if that's not the answer can someone please post an backup INI file (obviously removing the user/password and replacing them with xxxxxxxxx or similar)

Today I got a call from TELE2 and they want to come over and "fix" my router - but if they will do so I will loose my ability to control it as I want :-(

Thanks in advance!

Maybe you should consider downgrading the SpeedTouch to 5.4.0.14. In my own experience this is the most stable version up till now, that doesn't seem to have any difficulties with Tele2's VoIP neither.
kaween
Elite Poster
Elite Poster
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 13 keer
Bedankt: 47 keer

I can't really say I ever noticed a reproducable and definite change in behaviour of the 716-series between the official 5.3.3.5 Tele2 firmware and later versions. Not enough to validate a real hope that your problems could be solved by a firmware upgrade at least.

I don't see that this would be the main problem : a modem which suffers constant reboots and loss of sync will mostly turn out to be a defective modem, unless it would turn out your linespecs have recently changed in a drastic manner (due to external causes like damaged lines, work-in-progress or God knows whatever can happen in the outside world), it will probably be solved by swapping the modem.

That swap will undoubtably leave you with a 706 instead of your current 716, which isn't *that* big of a problem really. Owners of an original 716 are officially excluded form changing one Iota of their device-settings (hence your precious 716 with known Admin code, I suppose), but 706 users can alter their modem config (on firewall/routing/portforwarding level) by using the somewhat limited Tele2/Tele2 login codes.

And if that, for some reason, whould not be enough to satisfy your needs, well, erm, how do I say this :
"what gets on the internet, stays on the internet"
"seek and thou shall find"
"good things come to those who .... (muffled voice) ask"

:twisted:

By the way : as English obviously isn't your native language, why not use that instead ? :lol:
undercover_dancer
Starter
Starter

kaween schreef:By the way : as English obviously isn't your native language, why not use that instead ? :lol:

I can use Polish if you like :lol:
kaween
Elite Poster
Elite Poster
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 13 keer
Bedankt: 47 keer

undercover_dancer schreef:
kaween schreef:By the way : as English obviously isn't your native language, why not use that instead ? :lol:

I can use Polish if you like :lol:

Which I'd probably understand, if it was simple enough. I still understand it, but have lost the ability to speak it over time. And reading ... I was far too young to have learned to read and write Polish.

.... in case you wonder, yes, my name ends with a "ski" too. :P So indeed, it's a small world. :lol: And your English is fine, by the way.

Sto Lat !
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “BASE (Tele2, Versatel)”