Helium mining with Mobilus Unlimited Premium allowed?

Hebt u opmerkingen, klachten, steunbetuigingen voor Proximus (Belgacom)? Dan kan u deze hier kwijt.
Plaats reactie
lynx9274
Starter Plus
Starter Plus
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 12 keer

Hey guys,

I have a Mobilus Unlimited Premium 5G sub that I use for my home internet. Bought a sensecap helium mining router and wanted to try it out.
Since it consumes a lot of traffic (50GB a month) I was wondering if Proximus would object to me using it with the Mobilus Unlimited Premium subscription. Since It is truly unlimited it should not be an issue right? Or is there any policy that might make them block my connection for mining?

Thanks for your opinions!
bollegijs
Premium Member
Premium Member
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 37 keer
Bedankt: 18 keer

lynx9274 schreef:Or is there any policy
You ever heard of the famous and notorious Belgian 'FUP'?
thepretorian
Pro Member
Pro Member
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 44 keer
Bedankt: 15 keer

You'll have issue with opening port 44158 (which you need it to be open, otherwise your hotspot will be in relayed mode.) with cgnat.

Also the Helium network only supports ipv4.
lynx9274
Starter Plus
Starter Plus

bollegijs schreef:
lynx9274 schreef:Or is there any policy
You ever heard of the famous and notorious Belgian 'FUP'?
indeed indeed :angel: they seem to be quite gracious with the traffic so far.. fingers crossed
thepretorian schreef:You'll have issue with opening port 44158 (which you need it to be open, otherwise your hotspot will be in relayed mode.) with cgnat.

Also the Helium network only supports ipv4.
I know this, relay mode does not affect earnings so much as far as i can tell. For me it is the question if it is legal to do this on a mobile line
Gevatano
Starter Plus
Starter Plus
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 15 keer
Bedankt: 2 keer

50 GB is literal peanuts. I've seen a few figures on here of 2 TB+ in the past with no issues at all. :-D I would not recommend pulling in a couple terabytes on a monthly basis though.

There is a 100 GB FUP in place and is stated as such in the terms and conditions, but I think that 'rule' merely acts as a deterrent to people who might use their mobile internet to do stuff like data hoarding (so multiple tera's every month) or leaving like 4 or 5 streams on in the background without watching any of them at all.

In essence; they just don't want anyone to burden the network for no other reason than "just because I can, cause screw Proximus I pay €50 for UNLIMITED so I will use it as such". That's not at all what the connection is for. The rule explains this as well by further stating that one should use the service with due care; so that means you should use it in a reasonable way, i.e. taking into account that you are not alone on the mobile network and that many people on the go are also making use of it and need it as much as you do. There are only so much resources and if everyone would hog the network, the quality and reliability of the network might start to suffer at some point.

That being said, I have yet to hear of any customer who has ever had their plan terminated because of using too much data, so I think they don't enforce the FUP as far as GB's go, but I could see them kicking out negligent users. Although even that has never been heard of before, but I really wouldn't blame them for that, since unreasonable use of the mobile connection is just not a cool thing to do imo. Like I said, we as users must think of all other users and all do our bit to ensure the connection remains pleasant to use for all of us.

Anyways, I myself am also using MUP as a 'fixed' internet connection, and I'm using about 150-200 GB a month consistently (so me exceeding the FUP surely is not a one-off thing). So 50 GB certainly will not get you into any trouble. I'd say; get to mining. :D Good luck!
lynx9274
Starter Plus
Starter Plus

got the covid so I was out for a few days.. thanks for your response!
I am using it as my main line as well and so far have not gotten any complaints :)
Gevatano
Starter Plus
Starter Plus
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 15 keer
Bedankt: 2 keer

No problem. Hope you get better soon, wishing you well!
lynx9274
Starter Plus
Starter Plus

Thanks, already doing much better
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Proximus (Belgacom, Skynet)”