Gezocht: Mobile Vikings Prepaid SIM DATA ONLY

Iets te koop? Naar iets op zoek? Aparte regels gelden in dit forum (zie sticky).
Plaats reactie
philpa
Starter
Starter

foreign guy looking to buy sim card before arrival in belgium.
requirements: data only sim (4g)
price to agree
ubremoved_539
Deel van't meubilair
Deel van't meubilair
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 446 keer
Bedankt: 1985 keer

SIM cards can only be obtained by presenting a valid ID.

I therefore suggest to contact Mobile Vikings.
philpa
Starter
Starter

Yes I know, however to receive the SIM card you need an address in Belgium, activation can happen afterwards.
AndRo555
Elite Poster
Elite Poster
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 301 keer
Bedankt: 267 keer

If you need prepaid data for your stay in Belgium, I'd suggest looking at:
https://www.orange.be/nl/producten-en-d ... tempo-giga
Plenty of data for 15 euro, and available in Orange shops.
ubremoved_539
Deel van't meubilair
Deel van't meubilair

Just a quote from something I found online;
Purchasing the SIM card was quick. I just popped into the Proximus store at the Midi train station, beside the Eurostar terminal exit, and asked one of the attendants for help.

They explained to me the couple of options I had for a prepaid card in flawless English, and set me up as soon as I made my choice. They also registered me under their system, for which you need to show proof of ID. As an EU national, I showed my national ID card – for anybody else, passports are a valid form of ID.

The ID showing part is a new requirement. In the past, there was no need to show proof of ID to purchase a prepaid card. You could even do it online, with the SIM card arriving in the mail a few days later. However, after the terrorist attacks of early 2016, Belgium changed the law, requiring all new SIM card buyers to register.

The documentation requirements to do this online are high, with new customers being asked to provide their e-identity number and Belgian bank account, among others. Since only Belgium residents have these things, foreigners can no longer sign up for SIM cards online.
So to be short... buy your SIM card when you arrive in Belgium, it is quick and easy.
ubremoved_539
Deel van't meubilair
Deel van't meubilair

lanadekat
Elite Poster
Elite Poster
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 44 keer
Bedankt: 83 keer

OP probably wants a Mobile Vikings SIM because as far as I know they're cheap (and have decent price/quality).
It might be able to get an Orange prepaid sim in a shop (Tempo Giga) it's €15 for 4GB.

But I have to agree that these laws are stupid, if possible the easiest option is probably just getting a sim in a neighboring country and using that as there's free roaming now. I wish I could help you out but I'm not going to give a sim with my personal information attached to it to a stranger on the internet, sorry!
lanadekat
Elite Poster
Elite Poster
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 44 keer
Bedankt: 83 keer

You can buy an Orange SIM in a store like Vandenborre. Tempo Giga is only available online but you should be able to change your "prepaid model" if you sign up on their website. At least I'm able to change my "Tempo Giga" to something like "Tempo Touch" so I assume you can change "Tempo Touch" to "Tempo Giga". So get a Tempo Touch in a store for €15, use the 1GB that's included for free. Then change to Tempo Giga and recharge for €15 and you'll get 4GB. (recharge vouchers can be bought for cash in stores if I remember correctly).
Joebar
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 4 keer
Bedankt: 7 keer

a) You're all very helpful
b) You're all very naive ;)
ubremoved_539
Deel van't meubilair
Deel van't meubilair

Joebar schreef:b) You're all very naive ;)
We can only be correct... what you do with it is up to you (but don't complain afterwards).
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Te koop / Gezocht”