Proximus Mobilus 5G Unlimited Premium datacap starting 1.6.22... What to do :(

Hebt u opmerkingen, klachten, steunbetuigingen voor Proximus (Belgacom)? Dan kan u deze hier kwijt.
Plaats reactie
lynx9274
Starter Plus
Starter Plus
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 12 keer

hey everyone,

I just got the text form proximus that starting 1.6.22 the limit for usage is 300 GB/Month after that the connection will go down to 512KBPS.. :| :?

This is a real real shame since where I live there is only copper DSL line with 10MB Down and 1MB up (which is ridiculous in this day and age) I can't even have a video call without the line breaking down since the upload is so low.... What can we do in this situation? Is there not a possibility to talk to proximus and demand a proper internet connection since it is a right to have a stable internet connection those days and the physical line cannot provide it here so I am hoping they let people like us use the 4G Network instead? What do you think? What can we do to have proper internet in the rural and far off areas?
Nexus1980
Pro Member
Pro Member
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 47 keer
Bedankt: 20 keer

Coax? Tadaam?
lynx9274
Starter Plus
Starter Plus

Can you tell me more about this? How do I know that Coax is avalible here?
Nexus1980
Pro Member
Pro Member

lynx9274 schreef:Can you tell me more about this? How do I know that Coax is avalible here?
There are several ways to know. Easiest : Look through your house or appartment. Maybe this can help : https://www.netweters.be/t5/WiFi/Hoe-we ... td-p/49659
lynx9274
Starter Plus
Starter Plus

As far as I can tell we don't have cable going to the house, can they lay a new one or how does this work?
About Tadaam, the have a 300GB FUP as well so after that its only 5Mbits... with proximus it will be enforced automatically with Tadaam it seems like they do it if it interferes with other customers? does anyone have experience on if they actually cap the connection or leave it open past 300 GB?
ChelloExtremer
Premium Member
Premium Member
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 8 keer
Bedankt: 30 keer

Depends where you live:
- Flandres (+ some parts of BXL): telenet.be
- Wallonia (+ some parts of BXL): voo.be
Or Orange.be (they are reselling both Telenet and Voo for fix products)
bvhalst
Plus Member
Plus Member
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 62 keer
Bedankt: 25 keer

I have used TADAAM until 1 year ago and up to 600gb I was ok. Above that, they put me on 5mbps.
But this can all have changed since then… FUP is 300gb. They don’t cut you off, but 5mbps is barely enough for tv and insta for instance.
Benefit of TADAAM is that you can stop the subscription after one month already (if their T&C’s are still the same)…
EDPNet Fiber XL 500/100
MobileVikings
MacBook Pro mid 2012 - MacOS Monterey via OpenCore
ChelloExtremer
Premium Member
Premium Member

If cable is not available, there's also Starlink, afaik it's available all over Belgium now. Not cheap tho.
lynx9274
Starter Plus
Starter Plus

ChelloExtremer schreef:Depends where you live:
- Flandres (+ some parts of BXL): telenet.be
- Wallonia (+ some parts of BXL): voo.be
Or Orange.be (they are reselling both Telenet and Voo for fix products)
AFAIK fixed products are not an option since all infrastructure comes from proximus and I know that the VDSL line here is old and maxes out at 10Mbit down and 1MBit up... so voo or telenet will not be better than proximus right?
ChelloExtremer schreef:If cable is not available, there's also Starlink, afaik it's available all over Belgium now. Not cheap tho.
Starlink could be an option but I hear that latency/ping is unstable and still an issue with reliability.. anyone experience with that?
bvhalst schreef:I have used TADAAM until 1 year ago and up to 600gb I was ok. Above that, they put me on 5mbps.
But this can all have changed since then… FUP is 300gb. They don’t cut you off, but 5mbps is barely enough for tv and insta for instance.
Benefit of TADAAM is that you can stop the subscription after one month already (if their T&C’s are still the same)…
Interesting, so they changed to 300GB FUP the same time that proximus did, seems like they are colluding/timing this... So back when you used your 600GB they did not reduce your speed ?
ChelloExtremer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Telenet and Voo (and Orange - as virtual operator) are COAX-operators (DOCSIS). They don't operate on the Proximus (DSL-)lines.
bvhalst
Plus Member
Plus Member

Voo and Telenet use another technology than Proximus, which is coax. So these are an option if available.
600gb is just my experience 1 year ago… they can change it any moment to 300gb. During covid lockdown I even could use 700-800gb with normal speeds.
EDPNet Fiber XL 500/100
MobileVikings
lynx9274
Starter Plus
Starter Plus

ChelloExtremer schreef:Telenet and Voo (and Orange - as virtual operator) are COAX-operators (DOCSIS). They don't operate on the Proximus (DSL-)lines.
Thanks I checked but the cable is not availible in our area :(
bvhalst schreef:han Proximus, which is coax. So these are an option if available.
600gb is just my experience 1 year ago… they can change it
Right now on their website the FUP says 300GB. I wonder if that was reduced in the last months or was it always 300GB FUP?

I am thinking of maybe using a regular proximus line and the 300GB via 4G in hybrid mode..
bvhalst
Plus Member
Plus Member

The fup 300gb was mentioned in the T&C since the beginning…
Can I ask in what city you are residing? I would be very surprised if coax is not available somewhere in Belgium.
EDPNet Fiber XL 500/100
MobileVikings
streulma
Premium Member
Premium Member
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 11 keer
Bedankt: 34 keer

I found an image of data use of Tadaam from @quovadis.

See attachment.
Bijlagen
CA09B0A6-A612-475F-91C7-D48FC77563E5.png
(79.9 KiB) Nog niet gedownload
M_016
Premium Member
Premium Member
Uitgedeelde bedankjes: 5 keer
Bedankt: 76 keer

FYI
IBPT list of "white zones" = locations in Belgium where no fixed network opertor is offering a speed of at least 30 Mbps download
https://www.bipt.be/operators/publicati ... h-nis-code

In case only internet access via the Proximus dsl infrastructure should be available and no such facilities should be present via the coaxial teledistribution infrastructure, it might be possible to obtain from Proximus the "Tessares dsl+4G" solution to obtain higher download and upload speeds if the Proximus 4G coverage is "excellent" on your location and the occupation of the local 4G antenna permits it
= priority to the "real mobile traffic" and only a limiited number of dsl+4G customers on the local 4G antenna is accepted on a case by case basis
-> Suggestion: do eventually introduce any such request in writing on the Proximus forum (Nl/Fr); probably best not via 0800 55800
https://nl.forum.proximus.be
https://fr.forum.proximus.be
https://www.tessares.net/hybrid-access-solution/
https://www.bipt-data.be/en/projects/atlas/landline

P.S.
Indeed as of June 1, 2022 a maximum datavolume of 300 GB/month setting will be applied for Mobiilus Unlimited Premium 5G (above this volume the download speed will be limited to 512 Kbps)
lynx9274
Starter Plus
Starter Plus

streulma schreef:I found an image of data use of Tadaam from @quovadis.

See attachment.
Thanks, so maybe they won't really cut me off when using over 300GB, I ordered now and will give it a try.
M_016 schreef:FYI
IBPT list of "white zones" = locations in Belgium where no fixed network opertor is offering a speed of at least 30 Mbps download
https://www.bipt.be/operators/publicati ... h-nis-code

In case only internet access via the Proximus dsl infrastructure should be available and no such facilities should be present via the coaxial teledistribution infrastructure, it might be possible to obtain from Proximus the "Tessares dsl+4G" solution to obtain higher download and upload speeds if the Proximus 4G coverage is "excellent" on your location and the occupation of the local 4G antenna permits it
= priority to the "real mobile traffic" and only a limiited number of dsl+4G customers on the local 4G antenna is accepted on a case by case basis
-> Suggestion: do eventually introduce any such request in writing on the Proximus forum (Nl/Fr); probably best not via 0800 55800
https://nl.forum.proximus.be
https://fr.forum.proximus.be
https://www.tessares.net/hybrid-access-solution/
https://www.bipt-data.be/en/projects/atlas/landline

P.S.
Indeed as of June 1, 2022 a maximum datavolume of 300 GB/month setting will be applied for Mobiilus Unlimited Premium 5G (above this volume the download speed will be limited to 512 Kbps)
That is extremely useful information, especially the link with the coverages.
Thank you also for your post on the Proximus Forums

I checked my area and even when setting it to 10M my area is Yellow. 2 Years ago when I canceled the fixed line and switched to the Mobilus subscription my connection topped out at 20M/D 2M/U

Today I called proximus and explained my case and that the fixed line, especially the upload, makes the connection not really adequate (streaming, home automation, cameras etc.) and then I asked about the Hybrid 4G Solution. He researched and found that its called XDSL 9 4G Tessares and suggested that I sign up for a fixed line and once the technician is here I should speak to him.
I asked if he knew the requirements for it and he mentioned something like " a connection not faster than 7Mbit...." I mean I had 20D but my upload is terrible. So it remains to be seen if I qualify for it since the 4G Proximus reception here is excellent and the next tower is only 400M away sending at 1800MHZ and 2100MHZ (B1+ B3) the 800MHZ Band is also avalible but capped at 20M.

So my options as I see it:

- Keep The Mobilus 300GB Connection, Sign up for Regular fixed line @20M/2M and use router to distribute according to load. I have a router that can do both DSL and LTE so this might work.
- I ordered Tadaam and will give it a shot to see how strong the BASE network is. If its fine I will cancel the Mobilus and stick to Tadaam and see what happens if I exceed the usage. The main issue are the security cameras that use about 300GB a month each (3x) maybe I have to look for a different solution there.
- If nothing works I am going to order starlink, its expensive but then I am done with all this struggle...
Nexus1980
Pro Member
Pro Member

I’m wondering about your security cams? Do they record 24/7, all the time? I’m not sure but my 2 cams only record activity in « zones ». They upload that content to an internal network (low power synology nas) so nothing is uploaded externally in my setup.

I admit for security reasons, your idea to upload it to cloud (?) is safer but i only come close to 20GB / month with 2x ubiquity 1080p cams outside. 300 Gb seems high.
lynx9274
Starter Plus
Starter Plus

Nexus1980 schreef:I’m wondering about your security cams? Do they record 24/7, all the time? I’m not sure but my 2 cams only record activity in « zones ». They upload that content to an internal network (low power synology nas) so nothing is uploaded externally in my setup.

I admit for security reasons, your idea to upload it to cloud (?) is safer but i only come close to 20GB / month with 2x ubiquity 1080p cams outside. 300 Gb seems high.
I am using nest cams and they upload FHD Footage right to the cloud they use a lot of data unfortunately and I cannot set them to record only selectively. What cameras are you using?
Nexus1980
Pro Member
Pro Member

lynx9274 schreef: I am using nest cams and they upload FHD Footage right to the cloud they use a lot of data unfortunately and I cannot set them to record only selectively. What cameras are you using?
I use 2 Ubiquiti G3-Bullet cams. I bought those because they are POE cams. Because they are wired they don’t use a lot of electricity. Something i prefer, also no subscription. :-D
lynx9274
Starter Plus
Starter Plus

Nexus1980 schreef:
lynx9274 schreef: I am using nest cams and they upload FHD Footage right to the cloud they use a lot of data unfortunately and I cannot set them to record only selectively. What cameras are you using?
I use 2 Ubiquiti G3-Bullet cams. I bought those because they are POE cams. Because they are wired they don’t use a lot of electricity. Something i prefer, also no subscription. :-D

Thanks, thats a great idea, I will look into it!
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Proximus (Belgacom, Skynet)”